The holidays might seem far away, but the reality is that the gift selection season for corporate holiday gifts starts now.
Here at DMG, our team has already been hard at work finding the best promo products for this time of year that bring together the best trends of 2019 for you to shop and find the perfect acknowledgement for your employees or clients.
Whether you're looking for retail-inspired corporate Christmas gifts or simply useful employee gifts to say "thanks for the hard work," we've handpicked the best options that are sure to be a hit in the coming season.
Here are the current trends to help your year-end gift selection:
With colder weather on the way, promotional blankets are here for the season. The trick to finding the right blanket is to select a thick, high quality material that will last. A popular style is the “Sherpa blanket,” which is smooth on one side and fleecy like the inside of a slipper on the other side.
What’s to like: Gifts are a way of building an emotional connection with clients or employees. Blankets are great because they’re an intimate gift, without being too intimate. They’re also one of the few products that can look good with a huge logo on them, although that can depend on the color of the blanket and the type of logo.
- This updated version of the Sherpa blanket is popular this year. It features a classic buffalo plaid print opposite a dark fleece.
- Another approach that's perfect for anyone with frequent flyer miles is this travel blanket that doubles as a pillow.
We talked about the emerging gift set trend back in our annual 2019 promo trends article in January. Since then, our team has been impressed by the many ways gift sets are becoming more unique, from tea kits to travel kits with tech accessories.
What’s to like: Gift sets offer so much potential for personalization and branding. Instead of single product, companies can spread their branding message across multiple products and the gift set packaging. Gift sets are also a good middle ground option between a single low-cost gift (which can look cheap) and an expensive item that doesn’t fit in the budget.
- The Cozy Nor Easter gift set contains a ceramic tumbler and plenty of holiday treats to share.
- The W&P cocktail canteen is a portable bar-tending kit equipped with all the tools needed to make an old fashioned while camping or at a barbecue.
Leather is everywhere these days, and not just on handbags, wallets and journal covers. Earlier this year we talked about heather and burlap materials as the go-to promotional product materials. But as the holiday season approaches, classic leather is a popular choice for lining gift items like coasters and picture frames.
What’s to like: Leather has deep-seated associations with luxury. That makes it a great material for client or employee gifts, where the perceived value of the gift is especially important. Notice that’s “perceived value,” not “cost.” Despite the “leather = luxury” associations, leather gifts can be relatively affordable. Another benefit to leather is it’s a good seasonal match. It just feels cozy and luxurious.
- Leather details make this four-piece travel and technology kit stand out. The kit includes a journal, a powerbank, a key ring with cell phone cable, and a ballpoint pen.
- The leather wrap on this candle is perfect for the winter season and makes a classy gift in the branded wooden box.
Driven by improved products that mimic the high performance of name brands like Nalgene, Hydro Flask, and S’well, the drinkware category that took off in 2018 continues to be popular. These high-performance bottles and cups aren’t your grandfather’s ceramic promotional mug.
What’s to like: People tend to hold on to good quality bottles that never spill and always keep hot things hot, and cold things cold. People also have space for multiple bottles and cups in their life, which explains the durability of this promotional gift trend.
- The H2go is a classic stainless steel water bottle.
- The camper powder stainless steel thermal mug has been popular with campers as well is with people who just like their drinks to stay warm.