For the past nine years, HubSpot’s INBOUND conference in Boston has brought together and inspired thousands of marketers and businesses. Talented key-note speakers, renown business leaders, and fascinating people bring about an energy of unity that is hard to replicate.
This year’s virtual event may have looked a bit different, but it still brought together a massive amount of the community - over 69,000 guests. Attendees left feeling both motivated and equipped to tackle the challenges brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
The company’s co-founders, Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah kicked off Day One with a Spotlight session from an empty Fenway Park. This year, the pair was featured via video, giving a motivational pep talk to businesses on navigating the current economic changes.
Watch the full video below.
Building trust and empathy in your marketing seemed to be the theme of INBOUND 2020, and the inspiration behind the slew of new product releases announced by Halligan and Shah.
With hundreds of updates, there’s a lot to take in. We’ve broken them down and put together a guide of the four most impactful HubSpot product updates that will help your business market with trust and empathy.
1. An All-New Sales Hub Enterprise
Halligan prefaced the biggest product release by sharing in the virtual announcement that their company’s goal was to help businesses “not just survive in the new normal, but thrive in the new normal.” This was the motivation for creating the all-new Sales Hub Enterprise.
Here’s a quick breakdown of some of the new features:
- AI Sales Acceleration
- New Sales Analytics Tool
- QPC Enhancements and Integrations
AI Sales Acceleration
HubSpot has unveiled an exciting lineup of tools leveraging the power of artificial intelligence (AI) designed to help sales reps work faster and more efficiently. Some improvements include a new feature that automatically scans a prospect’s email signature, pulling relevant information like name, job title, and company and automatically importing it into your CRM.
HubSpot reports this feature alone is estimated to save sales reps one hour and 50 minutes a week.
The following AI tools were also included in the announcement:
- Sequences - The ability to automate follow up emails for outreach campaigns
- Playbooks - Interactive scripts that fill in the CRM as sales reps use them.
- Mobile Integrations - Reps can now connect their HubSpot database to their phone. The mobile app sends alerts right to the phone, while the new keyboard feature allows access to notes stored in the CRM during text or message app conversations.
- Today View - A newly designed home screen for sales reps to organize their day. With this fully personalized command center, reps have easy access to all their tasks, meeting, to-do lists, and more.
How to Access:
The new AI features are automatically available across all products and plans. The new HubSpot Mobile app is available for all users and can be downloaded on iOS or Android devices.
New Sales Analytics and ForecastingTools
HubSpot has revamped its sales reporting and analytic tools to help managers and reps better understand their performance and deal pipeline. This new tool includes access to over 20 powerful reports to better understand your sales funnel’s efficiency.
Some examples include the deal funnel report, a classic view of the sales funnel, which can be compared to the deal pipeline waterfall report. This report further breaks down the sales funnel focusing on changes over a period of time, which can help both managers and reps understand the “why” behind any changes to their pipelines.
The new Sales Hub also introduces a new forecasting app that allows up-to-date sales forecasts while eliminating the need for double data entry. The app can evaluate in-progress deals based on their likeliness to close, and include these in forecasting reports.
How to Access:
The new analytics and forecasting tools are available in all Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise accounts.
QPC Enhancements and Integrations
Sales quotes can be a time consuming yet essential part of a sales rep’s day. HubSpot’s new QPC (configure, price quote) enhancements are designed to streamline the process and turn quotes into cash faster.
Highlighting the new features is the all accounting extension, which includes accounting integrations with NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, Xero and Nubox. Now sales reps can generate invoices and associate tax codes directly within the HubSpot platform.
Other enhancements included in the announcment:
- A new collection of quote and proposal templates
- Improvements to the product library which allow for custom SKU codes and product properties to support e-commerce sites
- A revamped line item editor which allows reps to customize key quote details, including automatically calculated and displayed revenue properties
How to Access:
The QPC enhancements are now available to all Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise accounts. Navigate to the HubSpot App Marketplace to explore all new integrations.
Discover how to enable your sales team with the right resources, training, tools, and confidence to sell more effectively and efficiently.
2. New Tools Focused on Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
Several of the new HubSpot features focus on businesses formed around an account-based marketing strategy. But before we dive into these new tools, let’s define what account-based marketing is and if it’s a relevant practice for your business.
What is ABM?
According to HubSpot, ABM is defined as “a focused growth strategy in which marketing and sales teams collaborate to create personalized buying experiences for a mutually-identified set of high-value contacts.”
At first glance, it may seem at odds with HubSpot’s "inbound" approach, which focuses on producing online content to be found by the right people at the right time. But HubSpot has recognized that in the current economic environment triggered by the pandemic, we are in a climate where inbound marketing needs to be combined with another approach - one focused on empathy and personalization. Account-Based Marketing requires marketing and sales teams to align together to craft meaningful messages and tailor content to targeted accounts.
The New ABM Features
Whether your business wants to adopt this new marketing approach, or it’s already been built into your strategic plan, the new ABM features are designed to leverage growth objectives.
To get started with these tools, you’ll need to first navigate to Contacts and Target Accounts. Once you click “Get Started,” you’ll be prompted to activate your target accounts home, which will then include the following features.
- Properties - This will help break down properties for both the contact and the company, give you the ability to identify a target account, and help determine who, out of all your contacts, might be an ideal customer profile for a target account.
- Reports - HubSpot now has a library of dashboards and reports based on the ABM properties.
- Lists - Once you activate your ABM tools, you’ll be able to create contact lists based on ABM contact and company properties. These lists will help segment your contacts to create better ad audiences, marketing emails, or customizing smart content on your site.
- Workflows - There is now a new workflow template option to sort companies by ideal customer profile fit. This will allow you to assign a tier value based on a company’s annual revenue value.
- Playbooks - When sales reps create playbooks within HubSpot, they can now select Account-Based Selling as a playbook template.
- Slack Integration - The new Slack integration features allow businesses who use Slack to collaborate around target accounts within a dedicated Slack channel. Users can create these channels from HubSpot workflows or reports. They can also share notes to and from Slack channels.
How to Access:
HubSpot’s new ABM tools can be accessed by Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise users, or Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise users.
3. New Features for CRM-Powered Marketing
The greater need to focus on the individual and create personalized marketing messaging also inspired HubSpot to unveil new features powered by your CRM. These updates unlock data within your CRM to help personalize your marketing and break through the noise.
Some of the highlights include:
- Custom Objects - This tool can capture all of the data properties relevant to your business and leverage it for deeper segmentation. By defining new customer segments, you’ll be able to better tailor content to the right audiences, for a more engaging customer experience and thus a faster ROI.
- CRM Powered Triggers with Behavioral Events - Users can now use CRM data and behavioral events to set up triggers that fire off an email to prospects based on their customer journey.
- CRM Powered Ads - This new feature enables offline conversation-tracking directly from HubSpot. This means your ads can now be targeted at the right users and optimized towards the right conversions.
How to Access:
To access the new custom objects and behavioral events feature, you have to have a HubSpot Marketing Hub Enterprise account. The CRM powered ads are available to both Professional and Enterprise users.
4. New CMS Hub
HubSpot has now turned its CMS into a stand-alone hub, giving the tool a lot more power. Some of the key features of CMS Hub include:
- New Content Editing tools - These tools are designed to improve the developer experience for creating template and theme assets while enhancing the marketer experience for creating pages and blog posts. Some highlights include the new drag-and-drop page editor and a global content editor.
- Website Themes - New theme functionality and a new global content editor makes it easier for developers to make changes and updates to sites.
- Local Development Features - Developers can leverage the tools technologies they are used to when building peak performing websites.
- Interactive and Personalized Web - apps builder for your website.
Learn more in this guide: What You Need to Know About HubSpot’s New CMS Hub.
How to Access:
The CMS Hub comes with HubSpot’s free CRM. In the CMS Hub Professional version, users can access the content editing tools and new local development features. The interactive and personalized web-apps builder is only available to Enterprise users.
Want More Info?
If you want to dig a little deeper into some of the HubSpot updates, here’s a handy guide that breaks them down in less time than a coffee break. Assuming that’s a ten-minute coffee break.
Our team is here to help you understand the value of a platform like HubSpot. Knowing how to use these tools is crucial to your success as a marketer. Our team of HubSpot experts can help you get the training, coaching, and support you need to maximize your HubSpot investment.