Burlington Vermont based position.
Delta Marketing Group is a fast-growing and award-winning marketing agency.
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce various types of downloadable content and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads.
In this role, you will be the primary brand journalist for our agency and a select portfolio of client accounts. You must possess the ability to brainstorm and develop content types, including educational blog posts, long-form content, pillar pages, email campaigns, social media posts, into a wide variety of marketing copy deliverables.
Your not only a great writer and editor but can also keep our brand's voice consistent across daily published content and understand how to use our blog to generate qualified traffic and leads for Delta Marketing. You will have a deep understanding of our buyer personas so well that published content addresses their needs, wants, and problems.
By also being a social media aficionado, you're able to create content for different social media platforms that increase engagement and drive leads.
In this role, you will:
- Work in conjunction with the digital team to create an editorial calendar aligned with strategy and goals.
- Create resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote our products and services to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Growing blog subscribers, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog's overall reach.
- Build and manage the company's social media profiles and presence.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and industry, both from existing leads and customers, as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Track, measure and analyze all content initiatives to report on ROI.
A good candidate will have:
- A BA/BS degree or background in journalism, English, or similar field.
- Excellent writing, journalism, and storytelling skills (must have demonstrated writing abilities beyond fiction).
- A passion and a strong understanding of our industry and our business' mission.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- The ability to research topics and industries and translate client goals into compelling content.
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure, and providing the highest quality, most concise copy possible.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tenacious ability to hit deadlines and meet commitments.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Proficiency in web-based applications.
- Interest in an understanding of SEO best practices.
- Motivated to grow as a person and professional.
- A positive attitude in everything you do.
- Inbound and content marketing certified from the HubSpot academy.
What’s in it for you?
- Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding agency.
- Learn an inbound-focused, conversational approach to writing for marketing.
- Work alongside recognized leaders who are passionate to help you learn, grow, and succeed.
- Option to grow into a Marketing Consultant role.
- Join a remarkable culture of inspiring and motivated marketing professionals.
- Help activate some of the world’s most recognized brands.