As the owner of our digital content marketing, you’ll play an essential role in helping us drive qualified traffic, leads, and sales through our website, blog, and social media channels. Our content manager must have a passion for writing and storytelling with a journalist’s mindset and an obsession with written content performance, content management, and analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Strategize, execute, and own Delta's content strategy, focusing on promotional product content.
- Publish at least three new written pieces of content per week.
- Optimize each piece of content for SEO.
- Work closely with the team to identify key content topics.
- Develop & maintain the editorial calendar.
- Interview internal subject matter experts for content.
- Edit, optimize, and publish your work.
- Produce premium content, including ebooks, lookbooks, pillar pages, and other offers used to convert our audience.
- Write copy for our monthly newsletter.
- Write copy for our website as needed.
- Own the management of all social channels for Delta, setting standards for the brand and driving continual improvement in performance.
- Report on content analytics and performance to inform future content decisions.
- Focus on professional development and continued education in relevant areas (e.g., content writing, SEO, HubSpot certifications, writing proficiency)
Qualifications and Experience:
- A true passion for writing.
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- Understanding common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- SEO copywriting experience.
- Ability to clearly articulate the business goal behind each piece of content.
- Strong project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Strong interview skills + being a curious and thoughtful listener.
- Ability to gather, read, and interpret data to inform all strategic decisions.
- Easily gives and receives feedback.
- Familiarity with the principles of Inbound Marketing and HubSpot is a plus.
- Be self-motivated, self-aware, self-disciplined, and self-improving, and use good judgment, positive energy, and a willingness to help others.
- Experience with programs such as HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEMRush.
- A team mentality.
- Incredible people skills.
- Experience working in an agency setting.
- Bonus skills: HubSpot experience, print or broadcast journalism training.
Salary: $60,000 - 65,000 based on experience
Location: This is a Burlington, Vermont-based position in an onsite or hybrid capacity. Remote can be considered for a qualified candidate.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health insurance with company contribution.
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Safe Harbor Contribution.
- Participation in the Annual Profit Share Bonus.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid time off and paid national holidays.
- Annual leadership conference.
- The flexibility of working remotely.
- Complete technology package.
- Opportunity for career growth.
About Delta Marketing Group
Delta Marketing Group has activated thousands of brands and accelerated growth for some of the world's most recognized companies. We're a driven organization, pushing the Promotional Products industry forward with branded merch, inspiring swag, and custom apparel that create better-branded experiences.