Are you a current college student looking for real work experience before graduation?
Delta Marketing Group is a fast-growing and award-winning brand activation agency. We help organizations grow through strategy-driven digital marketing, growth-focused websites, and remarkable promotional items.
For over 35 years, we’ve activated thousands of the most recognized brands. Our approach to marketing emphasizes strategy over tactics to drive results. Our purpose is to enable organizations to succeed by supporting them with strategic marketing that works, and we fulfill that mission by holding true to our core values—Think Big, Never Settle, and Make a Difference.
This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding marketing agency.
As DMG’s Social Media Intern, you will be responsible for using critical thinking and creativity to increase social engagement, reach and conversions across our brand and client channels. We’re not just looking for someone who knows how to send a Tweet and post on Facebook. We’re seeking a true conversationalist, a social media native who thrives on communicating through social platforms. You’ll need to be fueled by follower growth and have a desire to come up with fresh ideas for how to grow our social presence.
- Plan, craft and schedule social media posts in accordance with a predefined editorial calendar.
- Deliver a consistent "voice" and manage a consistent and timely posting schedule.
- Work closely with Marketing Strategist to conduct a social strategy audit ensuring that social content and brand messaging is aligned with overarching marketing strategies.
- Interact with followers.
- Identify and engage with influencers.
- Monitor and track social activity, traffic, and conversions with an eye toward creating deeper engagement opportunities.
- Research competitors and sources for curated content.
- Strategize and execute ways to increase social media followers.
- Schedule day-to-day social media activity, including content creation, stories and monitoring across all relevant social media platforms.
- Assist designer in the vision for creative social visuals.
- Promote content on social media groups.
- Working toward a bachelor or graduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, PR, Communications or similar area of concentration.
- Demonstrated proficiency using LinkedIn, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Exceptional writing skills; the ability to write interesting and grammatically correct copy.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- HubSpot Inbound Certified.
- A passion and understanding of digital marketing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have a positive attitude in all they do.
- Graphic design skills including Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop (bonus!)
This is a paid internship and requires a 3-month commitment. 10 – 15 hours per week at our South Burlington, Vermont office.
What’s in it for you?
- Build a portfolio with real published work
- Learn how social media and digital marketing contribute to an overall marketing strategy.
- The ins and outs of how a creative agency operates.
- How your efforts have a direct impact on our business.
- Inbound marketing basics (You will become HubSpot Inbound Certified)