Delta Marketing Group is a fast-growing and award-winning brand activation agency. We help organizations grow through strategy-driven digital marketing, growth-focused websites, and remarkable promotional items.
For over 35 years, we’ve helped thousands of organizations and activated some of the world’s most recognized brands. Our approach to marketing emphasizes strategy over tactics to drive results. Our purpose is to enable organizations to succeed by supporting them with strategic marketing that works, and we fulfill that mission by holding true to our core values—Think Big, Never Settle, and Make a Difference.
If you are a driven writer and storyteller who wants a seat at the table with a team of highly skilled marketing strategists, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
In this role, you will be the primary brand journalist for a portfolio of client accounts, working directly with clients and account strategists to create effective marketing content. You will be a core member of the client services team, playing a key role in planning and delivering written content that meets client goals. You will write a variety of content types, including blog articles, long-form content, pillar pages, email campaigns, landing pages, and other miscellaneous copy. You will also be the primary producer for Delta Marketing Group’s own marketing content.
In this role, you will:
- Translate client marketing strategies into creative, compelling copy.
- Work with a cross-functional team to build content strategies and editorial calendars.
- Create high-quality content in the form of blogs, eBooks, pillar pages, case studies, emails, and more.
- Own SEO implementation for client content.
- Deliver copy that meets client goals while speaking in the client’s brand voice, tone, and messaging.
- Become an in-house expert on clients’ industries, conducting in-depth research to learn new subjects or industries as needed.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts.
- Edit freelancer copy for style, grammar, logic, flow, repetition, and to ensure it’s aligned with strategy.
- Edit copy provided by clients.
- Support the client services team by publishing and managing content within HubSpot content tools.
- Contribute to the success of your clients and team by meeting deadlines for deliverables.
A good candidate will have:
- 3 years of experience writing for a publication or marketing agency, or as part of an in-house marketing team.
- 3 years of copyediting experience.
- B.A. or B.S. in a relevant field.
- Excellent writing, journalism, and storytelling skills (must have demonstrated writing abilities beyond fiction).
- Experience with B2B writing (preferred).
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure, and providing the highest quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible.
- Ability to research topics and include references and citations.
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Experience with HubSpot is a plus (Inbound certification preferred).
What’s in it for you?
- Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding agency.
- Learn an inbound-focused, conversational approach to writing for marketing.
- Work alongside recognized leaders who are passionate about learning, growing, and succeeding.
- Help activate some of the world’s most recognized brands.
- Option to grow into a Marketing Strategist role.
- Engage and unwind with your team. Family-style Friday breakfasts, team outings, and community volunteering are the norm around here.